UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

PCS/PMA MDIO configuration

Hello all,

I am trying to configure the PCS/PMA Gigabit Ethernet IP through the MDIO bus, as I have seen in the implementation example. Once I do that, looking at the status vector I see that in my design I never get the Link status HIGH, so it means that the link is no valid. As my intention is configure the IP like in the example I compared the two simulations (the example simulation and my design simulation). Here are the results of the Behavioural simulation:

Example simulation:
EthernetPCS_example.PNG

My design simulation:
MDIO_mysimulation.PNG

As you can see, in my design the link status is never HIGH, and instead of having a status vector equal to 080a is equal to 0850, and I don't know why. 

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,

baldrism

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: PCS/PMA MDIO configuration

Hi @baldrism,

How long have you run your simulation? Have you set EXAMPLE_SIMULATION to 1 to reduce the simulation time?

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello @nanz,

thanks for your reply.The simulation lasts 40 us. And I have not set the EXAMPLE_SIMULATION to 1 to reduce the simulation time, it is good to know that. ;)

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello all,

I just guessed that the problem was that I was not simulating the RX signal coming from the PC, so I would not be able to see the configuration done. So what I did was to try to test the connectivity connecting the PC to the FPGA and launching the program. But what I saw was the same behaviour. The status_vector remains 0x850 and never gets 080a nor 080b.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

baldrism

0 Kudos