UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer micrelrogerlo
Observer

Transceiver for 2.5G SGMII

Recently I am working on 2.5G SGMII validation using 3rd party PCS IP and transceiver from Xilinx IP generated from UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Wizard (1.7). Although the SGMII design (PCS IP + Transceiver IP from Xilinx) is able to pass RTL simulation which includes SGMII link, auto-negotiation and packet transfer tests, the generated FPGA bit file is unable to get linkup in FPGA emulation.  (Note: We have two FPGA s connected back to back.) We have used a similar approach running on two Virtex-7 devices and it has been proven working in 2.5G SGMII link and auto-negotiation. However, we got the SGMII link issue after been upgraded to UltraScale FPGA device.

I wonder if the transceiver I configured is not correct. Could someone help to indicate what transceiver I should use to serve my purpose?

The following is the configuration data specified in UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Wizard (1.7):

BASIC section: start from scratch: GTH :

Transmitter: 3.125; CPLL; 0; 125; Raw; 20; 20; Enable; TXOUTCLKPMA; Custom

Receiver: 3.125; CPLL; 0; 125; Raw; 20; 20; Enable; RXOUTCLKPMA; 20; Auto; AC; programmable; 800; 0; 0

Physical Resource:  GTHE3_CH: Bank: 221; Data pins:BC3, BC4, BC7, BC8

Optional Feature:  no update (use default value)

Structural Options: no update (use default value)

Is there anything missing or wrong in Transceiver configuration shown above for supporting 2.5G SGMII?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos