UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie steven_roby

Using Zynq ZC-702 with Avnet's ISM Networking FMC Module

Hi there,

I've been trying to make the ZC-702 work with Avnet's ISM Networking FMC Module (dual ethernet model number AES-FMC-ISMNET-G).  I've got the PL correct (I think) on the Vivado side to re-route the built-in PHY on the ZC-702 to go to the FMC port, but cannot figure out how to get a proper device tree file (.dts file compiled into a .dtb) that will work during the SD card boot-up.  I cannot find any reference design for the Avnet part, nor can I seem to get anyone at Avnet to help.

I've been working with a Xilinx support engineer, and he has been very helpful, but I thought I'd take this question to the forum just in case anyone else out there feels my pain.

Basically, I can get the board to boot from the SD card to the zynq> prompt, but I cannot ping it, nor get the PHY to be recognized (I get an error after doing the "ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 up" command) saying PHY0 not found.

This seems like a common FMC board, so I'm surprised that it has been so hard to find a device tree source file for this combination.

Can anyone help me with this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Using Zynq ZC-702 with Avnet's ISM Networking FMC Module

Hi Steven, we are facing a similar issue. Did you eventually get the issue solved?

Regards, Chris

0 Kudos
Observer martin.hecht
Observer

Re: Using Zynq ZC-702 with Avnet's ISM Networking FMC Module

Hi Chris,

did you contacted the responsible Avnet FAE of your region?

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos