UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer almehdi
Observer

VC707 xdc

Hi,

I have a problem with the xdc provided in the user guide of the vc707 I'd like to connect the MOD_DETECT and TX_FAULT of the sfp but there is no pin allocated to it, is it normal ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: VC707 xdc

Hi

These signals are not mentioned in the XDC as these are not connected directly to the FPGA and these status signals can be monitored directly by the jumper points to which these are connected to.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer almehdi
Observer

But for example if I have to connect them to the pcs/pma core do I just have to make constants that will pass this check and then if there is an error or something not working check directly on the fpga ?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The 10G PCS PMA core does not take the TX fault and Mod detect signals as inputs to the core.

You need to tie these signals as indicated in PG068

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer almehdi
Observer

Hi,

The pcs/pma cores take tx_fault and signal_detect ( which is a combination of Los and Mod detect signal ) that's what I unterstand of the pg068 ver.4.1 page 15 , maybe I misunterstood ?