UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor silane
Visitor

Vivado IP integrator wrongly modify generated IP

Hi

I'm using EK-U1-VCU118-G evaluation board with XCVU9P FPGA + Vivado 2018.2

I try to implement a simple design in Vivado IP integrator. 2 Ethernet subsystems (10G/25G V2.4) in constant 10G configurations. Both cores will be driven by an "on FPGA" packet generator. Externally these 10G ports are connected together with a crossover connector.

I've used the firefly connector that was supplied with the EVB to make this 10G ethernet crossover connector.

Now I have a problem with the Vivado IP integrator. I've added 2 ethernet subsystems, configured them to bank X1Y14 where the firefly connctor is connected, constant 10G (No Runtime Switchable Mode ), Base-R, DRP port, RX&TX flow control logic etc. Than I used "Run Connection Automation" because I wanted to let Vivado find the suitable clocks to drive these cores (I'm not familiar with the crystal and clock disribution for this EVB).

In case I run this on a block design with just a single ethernet subsystems the Vivado ends the "Run Connection Automation" with no errors but it changes the ethernet IP to 25G, base-KR, removes the flow-control logic, moves the IP to X1Y12 and removes the GT Control/Status and DRP ports that I've configured. This is not what I've asked...

In case I run this on a block design with 2 ethernet subsystems the Vivado ends the "Run Connection Automation" with errors:

apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:board -config { Board_Interface {qsfp1_1x ( QSFP Connector 1 ) } Manual_Source {Auto}} [get_bd_intf_pins xxv_ethernet_0/gt_serial_port]
apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:board -config { Board_Interface {qsfp1_si570_clock ( QSFP Connector 1 ) } Manual_Source {Auto}} [get_bd_intf_pins xxv_ethernet_0/gt_ref_clk]
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] set_property CONFIG.DIFFCLK_BOARD_INTERFACE qsfp1_si570_clock [get_bd_cells /xxv_ethernet_0]
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] create_bd_intf_port -mode Slave -vlnv xilinx.com:interface:diff_clock_rtl:1.0 qsfp1_si570_clock
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] set_property CONFIG.FREQ_HZ 161132812 /qsfp1_si570_clock
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] connect_bd_intf_net /qsfp1_si570_clock /xxv_ethernet_0/gt_ref_clk
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] set_property CONFIG.FREQ_HZ 161132812 /qsfp1_si570_clock
apply_bd_automation: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:29 ; elapsed = 00:00:27 . Memory (MB): peak = 7848.656 ; gain = 0.000 ; free physical = 54913 ; free virtual = 59101
INFO: [BD 5-455] Automation on '/xxv_ethernet_0/gt_drpclk_0' will not be run, since it is obsolete due to previously run automations
apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:clkrst -config {Clk "New Clocking Wizard (100 MHz)" } [get_bd_pins xxv_ethernet_0/dclk]
apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:board -config { Board_Interface {qsfp1_1x ( QSFP Connector 1 ) } Manual_Source {Auto}} [get_bd_intf_pins xxv_ethernet_1/gt_serial_port]
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] set_property CONFIG.USE_BOARD_FLOW true [get_bd_cells /xxv_ethernet_1]
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] set_property CONFIG.ETHERNET_BOARD_INTERFACE qsfp1_1x [get_bd_cells /xxv_ethernet_1]
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] create_bd_intf_port -mode Master -vlnv xilinx.com:interface:gt_rtl:1.0 qsfp1_1x_0
INFO: [board_rule 100-100] connect_bd_intf_net /qsfp1_1x_0 /xxv_ethernet_1/gt_serial_port
apply_bd_automation: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:50 ; elapsed = 00:00:49 . Memory (MB): peak = 7848.656 ; gain = 0.000 ; free physical = 54898 ; free virtual = 59085
apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:board -config { Board_Interface {qsfp1_si570_clock ( QSFP Connector 1 ) } Manual_Source {Auto}} [get_bd_intf_pins xxv_ethernet_1/gt_ref_clk]
ERROR: [board_rule 100-101] Invalid Configuration value "qsfp1_si570_clock" for "Board_Interface".
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'send_msg_id' failed due to earlier errors.
ERROR: [#UNDEF] Error found in procedure apply_rule.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'send_msg_id' failed due to earlier errors.
INFO: [BD 5-145] Automation rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:board was not applied to object gt_ref_clk
INFO: [Common 17-17] undo 'apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:board -config { Board_Interface {qsfp1_si570_clock ( QSFP Connector 1 ) } Manual_Source {Auto}} [get_bd_intf_pins xxv_ethernet_1/gt_ref_clk]'
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'apply_bd_automation' failed due to earlier errors.
endgroup

Can you please tell what is the issue and why the Vivado modifies the ethernet cores I've configured?

Thank you,

Elad.

0 Kudos