UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor wbpeter
Visitor

Xilinx Broadcast IP: Audio multiplexer - Need help.

Hello Everyone,

I am using the 3G-SDI Audio Multiplexer which is part of the Xilinx Broadcast IP and is described in the document xapp1014.pdf located on Xilinx's web site.  

I was hoping someone out there would have some experience with it.  I am able to successfully embed audio on 1080i and 1080p formats, but the embedded audio frequency is 6x greater than the original audio.  ie. when I use a test tone of -20dbfs 1khz, the embedded audio becomes -20dbfs 6khz.  I have verified that the audio is being demultiplexed correctly (level and frequency is correct) before being multiplexed into the video stream.

I have also noticed that embedded audio, when its frequency is not a multiple of 500hz, is greatly distorted with a high total harmonic distortion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor wbpeter
Visitor

Re: Xilinx Broadcast IP: Audio multiplexer - Need help.

Has anyone had any experience with this core and what the signals look like going into the top level design file?  I think my problem may be related to the enable signals going into the top level file.  I have all enable signals set to a constant vcc.  Is this correct or do the enable signals expect some type of pulse?

There's nothing in the xapp document that mentions this.

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

This is a subject which belongs in the IP forum, not the Virtex forum (this isn't related to the slicon, in other words).

Suggest you post to one of the IP forums, see if anyone has some light to shine on this.

Your next step is to open a webcase.  The webcase would have two useful objectives:

1. answer your technical question
  2. initiate request for additions or edits to the IP documentation to clear up the missing usage information.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor aphraton
Visitor

Hello, wbpeter!

Did You find the answer? I have the same question:

" I have all enable signals set to a constant vcc.

Is this correct or do the enable signals expect some type of pulse?"

0 Kudos