UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor hon0f
Visitor

Zybo LwIP echo server network interface resets itself

Hello!

So I'm having a little trouble getting the LwIP echo server example to work correctly.

The board output what I expect at the beginning. It tries to connect with DHCP, does not succeed and than just sets its static IP to 192.168.1.10. (note that the ethernet cable has not yet been connected to the laptop and the Zybo yet)

-----lwIP TCP echo server ------
TCP packets sent to port 6001 will be echoed back
link speed for phy address 1: 100
Ethernet Link down
DHCP Timeout
Configuring default IP of 192.168.1.10
Board IP: 192.168.1.10
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.1.1
TCP echo server started @ port 7

I then set my interface to 192.168.1.11 to be in the same network.

But when I try to connect the cable from my laptop directly to the Zybo my laptops interface just resets. And the zybo keeps putting out 

link speed for phy address 1: 100 Ethernet Link up Ethernet Link down

I have already tried to set the link speed to 10, 100 and 1000 but all three gave the same problem.

I am using arch linux with the wicd network manager maybe the problem lays here somewhere?.

Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Thanks for helping in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor wpancras
Visitor

Re: Zybo LwIP echo server network interface resets itself

Hey all, 

I am experiencing the same behaviour. Strangely (for now...), connecting to a Raspberry PI (192.168.1.12) works nicely, but my laptop (192.168.1.11) gives the link-up/link-down problem. Connecting the pi and the zybo to a switch made the problem re-occur, though... I am using vivado 2018.2 (lwip 2.0.2) and zybo z7-010, following this tutorial.    

Apparently, setting a fixed link speed to 100Mbps and half duplex for my laptop made it work. Next step is to apply the solution suggested elsewhere in an attempt to make it more robust, and share my findings here for future reference. 

Wilco

Highlighted
Visitor hon0f
Visitor

Hey wpancras,

thanks for the reply I had tried that without success however. I just managed to fix it (took me longer because of holliday season :P) by completely turning off my DHCP client. After restarting the client I experienced no further weird behaviour.

Thanks for the respone tho!

Visitor wpancras
Visitor

Thanks! That worked for me too, including auto-negociation - so no more fixed speed/duplex. What a way to start the new year!!

best regards,

Wilco

PS. for all others struggling: adding the REALTEK patch didn't seem to be necessary in lwip2.0.2. I already saw some references to the REALTEK phy in the code. 

0 Kudos