UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor fvazquez
Visitor

can't generate Bitstream: problem with tri_mode_ethernet_mac license (vivado 2013.3)

Hello,

I am trying to generate a bitstream for the VC709 board. The design includes 1 tri_mode_ethernet_mac core.

The bitstream generation fails. This is the error message from Vivado:

ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cores for which bitstream generation is not supported: tri_mode_ethernet_mac_0TRIMAC_GEN

We purchased and installed the license for the tri_mode_ethernet_mac core. It is a flotaing license running on a license server. I used the license manager to verify that the license is correctly loaded. I attach the 'xinfo' generated from the Xilinx xinfo tool.

If the license is correctly loaded, what is the problem here?

Regards,

Paco

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: can't generate Bitstream: problem with tri_mode_ethernet_mac license (vivado 2013.3)

Hi

The xinfo file shows both design linking and bought licenses.

Did you check the license status of the core while generation to know which license is being picked.

Check if the server is down while generating the core or implementation of the design.

Also check regenerating the core again if the server is up and check if this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor fvazquez
Visitor

Re: can't generate Bitstream: problem with tri_mode_ethernet_mac license (vivado 2013.3)

Hi, thanks for your fast answer.

We bought the license for the new versions of the tri_mode_ethernet_mac. The node_linking are for older versions.

I wonder if there could be a problem if we have node_linking and bought licenses. Is it possible to deactivate the node_linking? or it is not a problem?

How can I check the license status of the core while generation to know which license is being picked? you mean generating the core or the bitstream?

How do I check if the server is down while generating the core or implementation of the design?

Regards

0 Kudos