UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

i want to know wheather this 10GBASE_R has inbuild GTXE2 transceiver?????

Jump to solution

HAI

I am interfacing 10GEMAC from open source to 10GBASE_R and then SFP+

i have interfaced 10GEMAC with 10GBASE_R leaving following pins dangling

txusrclk

txusrclk2

gttxreset
gtrxreset
qplllock
qplloutclk
qplloutrefclk
drp_den_i
drp_dwe 

i got negitive slack ,

these pins are from transreceiver .. gtxe2 , i want to know does 10GBASE_R has inbuild transreceiver ?? i think it has but how to use to derive above pins ????

or should i have to transreceiver wizard ??? to generate these signals??? 

is these interface correct ??

10GEMAC ------ XGMII ------10GBASE_R ----- GTXE2----SFP+    ???

kindly let me know ,, i am confused ..

thanks and regards

AKRAM

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: i want to know wheather this 10GBASE_R has inbuild GTXE2 transceiver?????

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes the 10GBASE_R core use transceiver to implement the Phy functionality and no need of using the transceiver externally.

The user clocks and the resets to the transceiver are required for proper functioning of the core.

Refer PG068 and the example design generated with the core to know more about how these signals are connected.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: i want to know wheather this 10GBASE_R has inbuild GTXE2 transceiver?????

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes the 10GBASE_R core use transceiver to implement the Phy functionality and no need of using the transceiver externally.

The user clocks and the resets to the transceiver are required for proper functioning of the core.

Refer PG068 and the example design generated with the core to know more about how these signals are connected.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------