UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

jesd204b ip design

Highlighted
Visitor

jesd204b ip design

I'm currently design a TX/RX jesd204b interfance now and I have two questions:

1st is that for the jesd204 ip, there are AXI ports and non-AXI ports. If I just use non-AXI data transfer, what should I do with all AXI ports? Or I have to use AXI interface with it?

2nd is that the example design uses jesd204 and jesd204_PHY as a combination of design. What I'm thinking is that maybe I can use a transceiver core to replace jesd204_PHY core ? (similar to FMC144 reference design, which is provided by 4DSP.) 

Thanks

Re: jesd204b ip design

Hi

You should be driving both the axi and non AXi interface signals as per the timing diagrams mentioned in PG066 for successful transmission of data.

Refer the example design delivered to know more on how the intefaces are driven

Why do you want to remove the PHY core and manually design a transceiver wizard as it needs extra logic to interface to the JESD core and it complicate things.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------