UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer urjitmodhia
Observer

Error in creating custom overlay

Good Evening,

I am working on PYNQ-Z1 board in my project and I am trying to make custom overlay for use instead of using Base overlay which is available in PYNQ-Z1 board. I need the custom Overlay Because Base overlay includes many extra IP Blocks which will not be used in the project, hence to reduce the size of the overlay I am making the overlay design with the usable IP blocks in my design. But as I am opening Implementation Design I found the following Error: 

• [DRC AVAL-46] v7v8_mmcm_fvco_rule1: The current computed target frequency, FVCO, is out of range for cell base_i/video/hdmi_in/frontend/dvi2rgb_0/U0/TMDS_ClockingX/DVI_ClkGenerator. The computed FVCO is 599.952 MHz. The valid FVCO range for speed grade -1 is 600MHz to 1200MHz. The cell attribute values used to compute FVCO are CLKFBOUT_MULT_F = 5.000, CLKIN1_PERIOD = 8.33400, and DIVCLK_DIVIDE = 1 (FVCO = 1000 * CLKFBOUT_MULT_F/(CLKIN1_PERIOD * DIVCLK_DIVIDE)). This violation may be corrected by: 1. The timer uses timing constraints for clock period or clock frequency that affect CLKIN1 to set cell attribute CLKIN1_PERIOD, over-riding any previous value. This may already be in place and, if so this violation will be resolved once Timing is run. Otherwise, consider modifying timing constraints to adjust the CLKIN1_PERIOD and bring FVCO into the allowed range. 2. In the absence of timing constraints that affect CLKIN1, consider modifying the cell CLKIN1_PERIOD to bring FVCO into the allowed range. 3. If CLKIN1_PERIOD is satisfactory, modify the CLKFBOUT_MULT_F or DIVCLK_DIVIDE cell attributes to bring FVCO into the allowed range. 4. The MMCM configuration may be dynamically modified by use of DRP which is recognized by an ACTIVE signal on DCLK pin. 

Below I had also attached the word file containing the sreenshot of the error:

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Error in creating custom overlay

Hello urjitmodhia,

Have you tried the PYNQ forum at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pynq_project . This location is specific to PYNQ issues and PYNQ is an Open Source project. If you cannot find help there please let me know, I trying to get more information about this but please try the PYNQ forum.

Forrest

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer urjitmodhia
Observer

I tried every possible way to get the solution but I did not. It will be great if you can help me with this.

regards
urjit modhia
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you try posting this again in the PYNQ support forum. I am asking for a couple of reasons. One is that I searched the forum and could not find your post and second it will give the PYNQ people a way to track and comment on this issue. The PYNQ people would like to address this issue but would like it on their forum too.

Also can you give more information about how you are creating the customer overlay? Are you starting with HLS from scratch or taking an existing overlay and modifying it? Are you adding to the logic of an existing overlay?

The issue seems like a timing closure one synthesizing the design. So have you looked at modifying the constraints, maybe relaxing them to see if the issue is resolved that way. And with timing issues you can post the question in the Synthesis Forum also at https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/bd-p/SYNTHBD

At this point I don't have an answer but hopefully this will help. If you post on there are people I know who will look at this issue and having more data will help us.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos