Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I2C GPIO expander

Hi 

Looking for VHDL source code (or IP block) of simple I2C GPIO expander. 

Please advice.

BR,

Mark.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

If its just GPIO, then just search for "VHDL I2C slave gpio",

there are plenty on google.
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Les say it even more simple than that - need read / write for slave I2C. Didn't find anything suitable from Xilinx (can't use 3-rd party design from unknown sourse)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

you say you did not find anything sutable ,

may be a way forward is for us to understna dyou rparticular requirments then,

If you can tell us which have you looked at , and why are they not sutable, then may be we can advise you.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Looked into  Xilinx low speed perepherials database - its has only I2C master bus controller, no I2C slave bus controller, although it is a standart protocol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Ok, try the google search I suggested, see if any of those are of use, and get back to use and we can advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

For example looking into https://github.com/oetr/FPGA-I2C-Slave it lacks secondary address feature.

Need a simple I2C slave, but with complete.

0 Kudos