UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie simcearsey

TUL PYNQ-Z2 board

I have a TUL PYNQ-Z2 board. How can I use this board in Vivado 2018.2 ? ZYNQ XC7Z020-1CLG400C settings for TUL PYNQ-Z2 board specified but ZYNQ XC7Z020-1CLG400C not available in Vivado 2018.2. What is Default Xilinx part or board for my project ? What should I choose for these settings? Category = ? Family = ? Package = ? Speed = ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: TUL PYNQ-Z2 board

Hey simcearsey,

First a couple items about the PYNQ board. There are images and other information on PYNQ.io that can help you start with something other than doing a design in Vivado. You might already know this. And this board is not in the boards list since only Xilinx produced boards are there. Boards can be imported but that work should be done by the vendor not by you.

On the questions about Category = ? Family = ? Package = ? Speed = ?

Category = General Purpose, Family = Zynq-7000 then choose from the XC7Z020-1CLG400C from the window below, you might have to scroll up or down to get there but this will select the package and speed for you. But the Package = clg400 , Speed = 1

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Newbie simcearsey

Thank you very much for information.  

0 Kudos

Hi @simcearsey,

From the pynq webpage you could also find the Vivado board file for the pynq-Z2 (or Z1):

https://pynq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/overlay_design_methodology/board_settings.html

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos