cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Virtex-7 FPGAs source-synchronous-interface IDELAY

Hi, 

I'm currently a student working on a research project. I'm having a few questions regarding the Virtex-7 FPGAs, and really appreciated if I could find solution from this forum.

Backgrond

I am working on designing a customized ADC Eval-Board that can interface with Xilinx FPGA Board for DSP via FMC connectors. Meanwhile, we are also trying to decide which FPGA board we will eventually use.  

Question:

1. The ADC chips we are trying to design with (AD9267 from Analog Devices) is outputing LVDS signals. I wish to ask that what is the recommended data rate of LVDS from Xilinx? I couldn't find this information from the Virtex-7 datasheets. Could anyone help to point me where could I find this information? 

2. The outputs from the ADC chips are in single data rate (SDR) format. In order to sample the received data, I (think) will need to use the IDELAY feature to delay and line-up the data (if necessary). I wish to ask that what is the range of IDELAY that I can tune to compensate for all the process corners from my ADC_EVB board layout? What is the name of such parameter in the datasheet? 

Thank you very much for your time and helps! 

Sincerely, 

JS 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

The parameter for tuning IDELAY is IDELAY_VALUE shown in Table 2-5 of UG471(v1.10).  It has 32 values, each value representing a step/resolution, T(IDELAYRESOLUTION) = 1/(32 x 2 x FREF) us, as shown in Table 28 of DS183(v1.28).  The parameter, FREF, is the Reference Clock frequency described on page-124 of UG471.

I don’t think you’ll find a Xilinx recommended data-rate for LVDS, since other things inside the FPGA (eg. FMAX of BUFG or PLL) will limit data-rate before LVDS.

Mark

0 Kudos