cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

bitstream error issues

Hi all,

I am facing some problem when I am going to do bitstream generation. I am facing some error related .xdc file. My aim is to store the sinewave in FPGA (ZC706).  My sine wave is 16 bit. but I connect the first four-bit to the LEDs(As there are only 4 GPIO LEDs) to check up the status. But unfortunately, I am facing the clk and others issue I mentioned in the attachment report.  Please tell me how I can store the sinewave in FPGA? I am facing the XDC file issues. Is there any wrong in my writing of XDC file?  I am using Vivado 2018.3 tools.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Amitava11.PNG

XDC file written by me111.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Sorry I can only just about read the snapshot of the error report on this machine,

By the looks of things, I'm guessing you have not specified all the pins the deisign uses,

something about 12 of 16 pins un defined / standard IO .

how are you  generating this file ?

in vivado its not as easy as ISE, but ....

So assuming your design ha spassed simulaoitn is the  first step,     

If no t, do not proceed any further till it does.

Assuming you have selected the correct chip and package in your desing source,

You have tools under "open synthesised design"

constraints wizard is a good start, that gets your basic timming constraints set up  with minimal fuss.

Now for a first pass open synthesised desing, and go to the top  menu where you have tools, the IOPlanning, and go to auto place all ports.

This will give yo uth ebasic XDC file you can edit easily to move your pins to where you want, and gives you a starting place that you cna go back to that works,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Sir,

Yes, I did not specify all the bit. As sinewave output is 16 bit, I just connect it with 4 GPIO LEDs which is only available LEDs. The left bit where should I connect? I am confused.  Please suggest to me. 

Secondly, there are no XDC file is generated after auto place all ports. Is anything wrong I am doing? I am following the document attached below. In this document, they list XDC constraints (page - 92). 

regards,

Amitava

0 Kudos
Highlighted

after auto place all ports also they are showing "Unspecified I/O Standard: 9 out of 9 logical ports use I/O standard (IOSTANDARD) value 'DEFAULT', instead of a user assigned specific value. "
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

middyaamitava@gmail.com,

If you want to create a 16-bit output but only use 4-output pins, you'll need to create a 4-bit output containing those four values rather than a 16-bit output bus of which only 4 are used.

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Sorry

I dont have vivaod to hand , but have a search around in the manual, its in there some where how to alocate pins,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Th ecode you write, has a number of Io pins in it

in the entity in VHDL.

The FPGA tools need ot knwo where each and every on eof these needs to be placed on the chip,

thats up to you, and your board.

A normal way to do this if you have a previously working desing , like a ref design is to modify the constraints file that comes with the board,

0 Kudos