cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

sending data from FPGA (ZC706)  to AD9371 transceiver issues

Hi everyone, 

I am very new in this field. I want to send the data from FPGA (ZC706)  to AD9371 transceiver. After that, I will compare both Tx data and Rx data by loopback method. Which process should I follow? If you have any tutorial or document please send me. I am attaching the picture of the system below for your better understanding. 

Thanks in advance.

Amitava

1.jpg

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

suggest yo usearch the AD9371 vendor, they provide lots of code for you and docs

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/mykonos/reference_hdl

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I don't get anything from here. Actually, I programmed the FPGA successfully. But how I will send the data to AD9371 transceiver? My main goal is to check the Rx and Tx data. 

thanks

Amitava

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

middyaamitava@gmail.com,

From the picture I see that that the add-on card is of FMC type connector.

So from the FPGA via FMC pins you should send out and rx data. What protocol you use for data exchange I don't know. Whatever you use, just configure the proper FMC connector pins to the signals in use for data exchange. Use your FPGA development boards's User Guide and look into the Master Constraints File Listing section.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Sir,

That I know that via FMC pins I have to send data. But I don't know in which way I have to send. I mean what protocol I have to use for data exchange. Can you please tell me here as I am very new in this area. Please help.

thanks,

Amitava 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

middyaamitava@gmail.com,

I mean what protocol I have to use for data exchange

For that you have look into the docu for the AD9371. Whatever protocol they use at their FMC interface (most probably this will be the slave side), you have to use the same at the FPGA FMC side (master side).

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

If you go to the adi web site fo rtheir device,

https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/AD9371.pdf

you wll see the protocol is JESD 204 B.

ADI also have some great design examples there for you

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. "ADI also have some great design examples there for you" Can you tell me where it is. I search for it. but did not get anything. As I am very new in this field. so help me pls. 

Actually, I want to transmit and receive via this RF module and FPGA and integrate with the HOST (soft RAN). So I want to check the data in FPGA after return back from the transmitter to FPGA. Then what I should do? Give me some suggestion please. 

thanks,

Amitava

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

search "AD9371 FPGA"

You would be well advised to register on the ADI support site,

have look here

https://ez.analog.com/fpga/f/q-a/31980/ad9371-hdl-reference-design-files-for-zcu102

Hope this is of help , if so Kdos and / or mark as closed please would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hii Sir,

I have already registered on the ADI support site. But They follow XILINX SDK tools to test the sinewave. I don't want to do that. I want to send the sinewave data from FPGA to AD9371 transceiver and again return back to FPGA. So I have to write any extra code for that? I don't understand how I can use the JESD204 protocol here. Please explain to me. As I am very new in this field. Help me.

Thanks ,

Amitava

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Ok,

if you dont want to use the example, have you at least looked at how its done in the examples ?

What have you read on JESD 204 ?

see if we can fill in any gaps,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Sir,

I saw the example. the link is this. https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/mykonos/reference_hdl#control_and_spi.

But there is lots of library core regarding JESD204. I am so confused to see their code. 

thanks, 

Amitava3.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Is I have to use all the library core here? Please explain to me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

so what do you know about JESD 204

the crux of the matter is the ADC needs a JESD 204 interface,

you need to understand JESD204 interface to use it,

Then, and only then, you can decide to either write your own JESD 204 Core , or use an IP,

If this has been of use , please Kdo ,

and mark as closed if this answers your question.

0 Kudos