UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer davethetroll
Observer

AMP in 2016.2 (et al)

I need to run a Zynq system with  a baremetal application on each of the cores in an AMP configuration.  I have a MicroZed kit on which I will do the bulk of the development.

There appears to be a guide (xapp1079) written over four years ago using pre-Vivado techniques and addressing issues that are not issues with newer versions of the SDK.  That guide, rather than taking the reader through the process of changing FSBL etc. provides replacement FSBL and BSP.  This means that it is not easy to extrapolate that information to different versions of the system.  Other forum posts have suggested comparing the provided files with their originals and then taking those changes forward into the new version.  However, I do not have (easy) access to the original files.

There are new versions of the files, but with little by way explanation as to use the original instructions and no new instructions.

So, my question...  is there an easy "how to" for dual baremetal apps in AMP configuration for 2016.2 SDK (or other more current version)?
Or a list of changes that are made by using the package that accompanies XAPP1079?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: AMP in 2016.2 (et al)

The latest information on XAPP1079 is available in this wiki

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/XAPP1079+Latest+Information

The most recent design files for these are available in XAPP1079. Unfortunately there is/will be no upgrade for this XAPP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Observer davethetroll
Observer

So what is the recommended method of building an AMP solution on Zynq using a modern (Windows 10) OS?

The most up to date documented method seems to be for 2015.2, which does not support Windows 10 (or Ubuntu 16).

We have been using 2016.2, but are not in any way wedded to that option, but our PCs are used for other things and downgrading from Windows 10 isn't an option.

0 Kudos

You will probably have to build a new design for the version you're in. Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, these design files will not be upgraded and are only applicable for the version they're released.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos