UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer masrut
Observer

AMP system and USB

Jump to solution

I have an Zynq AMP system, running Linux 2015.2.1 on CPU0 and Bare metal on CPU1, which is a little bit different from XAPP1078, because I have L2 cache controller disabled in Linux and L2 Cache enabled in Bare Metal. I need speed in the bare metal app, but I need Linux just for the USB peripherals.

Now the system seems to work, but when the Bare Metal is running, if I insert a USB memory dongle the enumeration fails. I debugged the problem and it seems that it starts when I enable the L2 cache controller in BOOT.S file. It seems that the USB peripheral accesses the L2 cache bypassing the L2 cache controller (I disabled the L2 cache controller in the device tree), so when I enable cache for the CPU1 there is some conflict. 

Does anybody know how to disable L2 cache completely for the USB in Zynq ?

Max

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AMP system and USB

Jump to solution
Hi Max,

Since this is also in the Embedded Linux forum I thought I'd put that in so that we don't get 2 different threads going.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/USB-and-L2-cache-in-AMP-system/td-p/663556

Thanks
John
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AMP system and USB

Jump to solution
Hi Max,

Since this is also in the Embedded Linux forum I thought I'd put that in so that we don't get 2 different threads going.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/USB-and-L2-cache-in-AMP-system/td-p/663556

Thanks
John
0 Kudos