Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhilashvr
Visitor
Visitor

Bare Metal - Bare Metal Communication Method Zynq 7000

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We are using Zynq 7000 Series SoC for one of our project with Baremetal application in CPU0 and CPU1.

Could some one please suggest what is best communication method between this two Baremetal CPUs,for a scenario the data transfer size is less than 1KB?

I read about OpenAmp and RPMsg Lite,But i am not able to find the RPMsg Lite is ported to Zynq? So could some one please advise me on the best communication method suits for my case?

Thanks 

Abhilash

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shabbirk

Hi Abhilash

May be the Below Information would answer your Requirement:

If you want simple yet best communication between CPU0 and 1, you can refer to the below openAMP link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1079-amp-bare-metal-cortex-a9.pdf

The above link explains communication between zynq 7000 Cortex-A9 cores. 

The inter-processor communication in the example design is a semaphore flag. When the semaphore is set, CPU1 owns the UART and when it is cleared by CPU1, CPU0 is free to use the UART. This is a simple mechanism to share resources. The OCM memory is chosen because it is a low latency, shared resource. Also, this area of OCM is not cached so the memory accesses are deterministic.

Best Regards

Shabbir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
shabbirk

Hi Abhilash

May be the Below Information would answer your Requirement:

If you want simple yet best communication between CPU0 and 1, you can refer to the below openAMP link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1079-amp-bare-metal-cortex-a9.pdf

The above link explains communication between zynq 7000 Cortex-A9 cores. 

The inter-processor communication in the example design is a semaphore flag. When the semaphore is set, CPU1 owns the UART and when it is cleared by CPU1, CPU0 is free to use the UART. This is a simple mechanism to share resources. The OCM memory is chosen because it is a low latency, shared resource. Also, this area of OCM is not cached so the memory accesses are deterministic.

Best Regards

Shabbir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos