cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Building Master Application of Petalinux in OpenAMP for Zynq-7000

Hello all, this is my first question here so excuse me if I made any errors.

I have read through UG1186(v2018.3) for implementing Asymmetric Multiprocessing using OpenAMP. I will use Petalinux application (master) in Core 0 and Bare-metal application (remote) in Core 1 within Zynq-7000. In this document, I know how to build remote application using Xilinx SDK, as stated in page 30. However, it is not stated how to build master application in the document.

I have also read through UG1144(v2018.3) for building application in Petalinux. In this document, I know how to build user applications, kernel modules, layers and recipes. However, I am confused as to which methods should I choose to build the master application of Petalinux in OpenAMP.

My question is, how to build master application of Petalinux in OpenAMP. Are there any tutorials/documents that I can follow through, as I am still learning about the work flow?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Building Master Application of Petalinux in OpenAMP for Zynq-7000

Hi @chulip ,

You need to create a kernel application and it is given in ug1168 page 32.

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhangi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Building Master Application of Petalinux in OpenAMP for Zynq-7000

Hi @smahalle,

Is it possible for you to link the document here (v2018.3) here? I cannot find the document.

If you are referring to the document UG1186 (and not vUG1168), the procedure for building remote application in bare-metal is given but not the procedure for building master application in Petalinux. In my use case, I want to modify echo_test demo application, therefore I need a precise step-by-step guide in how to rebuild echo_test demo as a master application for Petalinux.

Thanks!

0 Kudos