UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant pgielmuda
Participant

Independent remoteproc in OpenAMP system

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are currently working with OpenAMP in the configuration where two OS talk to each other (Petalinux and FreeRTOS on ZCU102 board). In UG1186 document there is an information on p. 21 that remotehost can run independently. However in the example Linux program remoteproc and runs it. After that there is some kind of handshake between OS and the connection is established. 

We would like to have full separation between OSes with the functionality of communication between them. In such case FreeRTOS will be mainly for critical application and Linux could be less reliable (i.e. will be responsible for GUI). 

My questions:

- could it be done with the OpenAMP?

- could we load and start FreeRTOS independently from Linux?

- is there some kind of guide how to do that?

- is there a chance to establish connection between OSes after resetting one of them (to notice it and to reinit connection)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Independent remoteproc in OpenAMP system

Jump to solution

Remote host can run independently when you use RPMsg in Linux userspace. These steps are provided on page 38 (UG1186 v2018.1)

The reset/reconnect functionality is currently not available in Linux userspace. Please refer to Table 4-1 on page 43 for System Design Considerations

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Remote host can run independently when you use RPMsg in Linux userspace. These steps are provided on page 38 (UG1186 v2018.1)

The reset/reconnect functionality is currently not available in Linux userspace. Please refer to Table 4-1 on page 43 for System Design Considerations

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Participant pgielmuda
Participant

Jump to solution

I see,

It seems I did not understand UG1186 correctly. Thanks for clarification. 

0 Kudos