cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to use both ipi_mailbox_rpu and ipi_amp in same device tree?

Hi,

I was studying the device trees for the libmetal and openamp examples and am a bit unsure if this is possible.

I read on a seperate forum that uio sharing is not possible amongst interrupts.

How does one use both the ipi_amp node in the device tree for the amba section, and the ipi_mailbox_rpu0 node for the r5_0 node? If they both use interrupts <0 29 4>, it appears they will have a conflict.

I have included my device tree to explain what i have.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

You can't have both ipi_mailbox_rpu and ipi_amp in the same device tree. ipi_amp node is used when UIO is used for IPI and shared memory. The ipi_mailbox_rpu node is used for OpenAMP example with RPMsg in kernel space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi jovitac,

I think you are right if the configurations are left the same. However, I changed the r5 firmware to use a different PL Ipi, and changed the uio ipi device tree to use address 0xFF36000 (so channel 9), along with interrupt 63 (so interrupt configuration <0 31 4>). Now that the mailbox and the ipi_amp are using different interrupts, I believe it worked?

At least I was able to run the openamp echo test firmware, with the userspace app, then re-program the r5 with the modified libmetal firmware, and the libmetal userspace app.

Does that approach seem viable to you?

0 Kudos