UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rouxb
Visitor

Native use of libmetal on Zynq7000

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

In the past weeks, I explored the capabilities of libmetal/OpenAmp on the Zynq 7000 target.
With the help of UG1138 (v. 2018.2), I'have been able to write my own application based on OpenAmp.
But unless the time spend, the number of abstraction layer use on the linux side (RPMsg, Virtio,...) stay confusing for me.
I will prefer to use directly libmetal and a custom driver to manage the remote baremetal application instead of OpenAmp overlay.

In the UG1138, their is the perfect example for me (Cf. Chapter2, Xilinx Libmetal AMP Demo). Unfortunately, the source code for these Demo is only available for the Zynq Ultrascale.
At a first glance, I think that I only have to change the linker script, the device-tree and the default address of IPI ressource. I dig into the OpenAmp library for zynq 7000 (that internally rely on libmetal), but I wasn't able to find references of the IPI device for the zynq 7000 target.

So I start asking myself, if the zynq 7000 could implement this IPI mechanism or if there have not the requiered hardware for that?
Maybe someone could give me some clues or a starting point for porting the libmetal AMP Demo from zynq Ultrascale to the zynq 7000 target.

Regards,
Baptiste

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Native use of libmetal on Zynq7000

Jump to solution

There is no libmetal support on Zynq7000. This is only for ZynqUltrascale+

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply

Re: Native use of libmetal on Zynq7000

Jump to solution

There is no libmetal support on Zynq7000. This is only for ZynqUltrascale+

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.