UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer theelhb
Observer

Openamp library

Jump to solution

Hi 

I'm trying to setup an AMP configuration on my Zedboard.  I want to run Petalinux on cpu0 and Baremetal on cpu 1. 
I'm following the UG1186 lab to perform such architecture. But, In the chapter 2 , they create a bsp and then chose xilopenamp under overview in the settings of the bsp but I can't found it . I'm using Xilinx tools 2014.4 and Petalinux 2014.4

Please let me know how I can setup this library. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer madison_a
Observer

Re: Openamp library

Jump to solution

Oversimplified rundown on AMP, Open or otherwise.

Petalinux-2014.4: (UG978 which is an AMP Tutorial) rpmsg, virtio, & rpmsg_freertos_statistic are built into the (linux) distribution. The SDK/Freertos repository that is compatible with the UG978 & 2014.4 SDK is somewhere on the Xilinx website. However, that repository is based on a very old version of FreeRTOS. If you try and mix & match Peta-2014.4/SDK 2014.4 & 2013 SDK/FreeRTOS repository, the 2013 FreeRTOS code will not build.

Petalinux-2015.2+: is "OpenAMP". There is a tutorial on the Xilinx website, UG1186. The revised rpmsg & virtio kernel modules that are now stock with the 4.0 kernel and accessible through the petalinux-config -c kernel will work directly with the FreeRTOS repos that I believe come with SDK 2015.2+. If not, they are easily found and pulled in. The tutorial is accurate up to this point. The linux user space applications, the items the tutorial recommend you "just turn on in the build" via 'petalinux-config -c rootfs' are not there. However, you can just "git" them from the OpenAMP github. They will build error free in the Petalinux 2015 (app) hierarchy. OpenAMP has a different device tree setup (Linux), and therefore a different interrupt arrangement between the Linux and FreeRTOS cores. OpenAMP for either O/S is not compatible with unmodified 2014 components described above. Similar, but not compatible.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Visitor stu4355226
Visitor

Jump to solution

have you tried Vivado2015.4?Xilinx always did some changes with new version.

Since the UG1186 just released on Dec 2015, you should try vivado 2015.4.

0 Kudos
Observer theelhb
Observer

Jump to solution

I can't use OpenAMP with Xiinx 2014.4 ? 

0 Kudos
Visitor stu4355226
Visitor

Jump to solution

I dont use 2014.4, so I can't give you that answer.

however, I have openamp library option in my bare-metal BSP settings in Vivado 2015.4.

that should take care of your problem.

0 Kudos
Observer madison_a
Observer

Jump to solution

Oversimplified rundown on AMP, Open or otherwise.

Petalinux-2014.4: (UG978 which is an AMP Tutorial) rpmsg, virtio, & rpmsg_freertos_statistic are built into the (linux) distribution. The SDK/Freertos repository that is compatible with the UG978 & 2014.4 SDK is somewhere on the Xilinx website. However, that repository is based on a very old version of FreeRTOS. If you try and mix & match Peta-2014.4/SDK 2014.4 & 2013 SDK/FreeRTOS repository, the 2013 FreeRTOS code will not build.

Petalinux-2015.2+: is "OpenAMP". There is a tutorial on the Xilinx website, UG1186. The revised rpmsg & virtio kernel modules that are now stock with the 4.0 kernel and accessible through the petalinux-config -c kernel will work directly with the FreeRTOS repos that I believe come with SDK 2015.2+. If not, they are easily found and pulled in. The tutorial is accurate up to this point. The linux user space applications, the items the tutorial recommend you "just turn on in the build" via 'petalinux-config -c rootfs' are not there. However, you can just "git" them from the OpenAMP github. They will build error free in the Petalinux 2015 (app) hierarchy. OpenAMP has a different device tree setup (Linux), and therefore a different interrupt arrangement between the Linux and FreeRTOS cores. OpenAMP for either O/S is not compatible with unmodified 2014 components described above. Similar, but not compatible.

0 Kudos