UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer lizhang86
Observer
624 Views
Registered: ‎04-25-2017

Openamp : remote R5 application failed to access peripheral registers

Jump to solution

Hello, 

 

I have a simple remote application modified from openamp echo example.  The app writes and reads the register of a peripheral in pl.  The remote app could launched from A53 linux similar to the Openamp echo demo.  However, I can only write or read the peripheral registers with address ends with 0x0 eg.  0xB0002010, 0xB0002020, 0xB0002030 )but not  0xB0002014, 0xB0002018, 0xB000201C.  I checked the device tree and made sure these registers are not visible to linux.  

 

When I run the app with JTAG on R5, the write and read are correct, so I don't think it is a issue with hardware either.  The linux device tree and image I used is based on zynq ultrascale mpsoc base TRD 2018.2 module 5.  

 

I'm not sure what could cause the problem.  Thanks ahead if anyone can share some insight.

 

Thanks,

Li Zhang

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer lizhang86
Observer
593 Views
Registered: ‎04-25-2017

Re: Openamp : remote R5 application failed to access peripheral registers

Jump to solution
I found out the problem is caused by mismatching bit file used while executing petalinux-package --boot --fpga mismatched.bit ...
Problem solved after using the correct bit file during packaging.
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer lizhang86
Observer
594 Views
Registered: ‎04-25-2017

Re: Openamp : remote R5 application failed to access peripheral registers

Jump to solution
I found out the problem is caused by mismatching bit file used while executing petalinux-package --boot --fpga mismatched.bit ...
Problem solved after using the correct bit file during packaging.