UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nwaters
Visitor

Where do I find or generate a *.bsp file?

I am trying to go through the steps in UG1186 to build the example Linux/Bare Metal Echo Test. When creating the Peta Linux project you have so specify a path to the BSP that was previously generated. Where do I find that file? I have search within the BSP project folder in my XSDK workspace and I can't find a *.bsp file. I looked in the makefile and I can't see any rule that would create it.

This seems to be the same question, but the accepted answer doesn't answer the question:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/OpenAMP/Openamp-library/m-p/691196/highlight/true#M92

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Where do I find or generate a *.bsp file?

Which version of the document are you using? Could you please provide page number/step in the document?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor nwaters
Visitor

I am using PetaLinux Tools/Vivado/SDK versions 2018.2. I am running them on Ubuntu 16.04.3. I am trying to build the echo test example on a Rev D. Zedboard.

I am at step 1 under the headings "Building Linux Application that uses RPMsg in kernel space" "Setting up PetaLinux with OpenAMP", I've copied the text for the step below:

Create the PetaLinux master project in a suitable directory without any spaces. In this guide it is named <plnx-proj-root>:

$ petalinux-create -t project -s <PATH_TO_PETALINUX_ZYNQMP_PROJECT_BSP>

0 Kudos

All petalinux bsps can be found here 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

You will need to download it and point to it to create your petalinux project. Please also look at UG1144 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

<plnx-proj-root> is the root directory where your petalinux project is created

0 Kudos
Visitor nwaters
Visitor

OK. So just to reiterate in case someone else gets confused like I did: The BSP used for PetaLinux is entirely different than the BSP project that was previously created in XSDK for the Bare Metal processor.

0 Kudos

Yes,

The petalinux bsp is for your master processor which runs linux (A53 in case of ZynqMP or A9-0 in case of Zynq)

For your remote processor (the bsp can be standalone/freertos) created in SDK

0 Kudos