UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

openamp vs AMP? video issue

Jump to solution

Hi all

I have two questions but first let me give an introduction to my design:

- I'm using the ZyBo in an AMP-configuration: CPU0 I'm booting linux (ArchLinux), CPU1 I keep Bare Metal.

- I have a code for using the VDMA controller to be able to write an input-video stream (HDMI) to MM and afterwards read that MM to output it to the VGA connector. This part works when I'm using only one core purely Bare Metal, so my hardware design and bare metal code should be fine.

Now when I boot linux, I give the bootsignal for my second core on which I've put the bare metal instructions for the VDMA design and the code works, appart from the fact that my Hardware isn't responding. It's like the Linux core is blocking the access to the HDMI connector. (Just so you know the AMP-configuration is working as I've used also a completely different design which works)

I've tried playing with the device tree and such, but can't figure out where to look. So my questions are:

- Is it possible that one of the two cores blocks certain Hardware? If so, can I 'see' that in the device tree? Or how to solve this?

- I've just read about OpenAmp, what is it or what is the difference between using the Zynq in AMP-configuration? (XAPP1078)

Thanks a lot for any advice...

Wouter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: openamp vs AMP? video issue

Jump to solution

Hi

this problem is solved, the linux core was handling all interrupts, so had to change the GIC so some interrupts could be handled by CPU1.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I assuming you create the AMP application fro XSDK.

is your HDMI visible to Linux such as in DTS?

Are you d able to access some registers of HDMI connector or not from the OpenAMP app? or are you not receiving any interrupt?

Did you also hae USE_AMP enabled?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi

indeed I created the amp application in XSDK and I have used the -DUSE_AMP=1 command. (Is this than part of the openAMP project or is this a "normal" amp configuration?)

How can I check if my HDMI is visible to Linux? In my DTS I only have references to the VDMA, VTC and such, do I need to enable sth so Linux would see the HDMI? Would it otherwise block the AMP application from accessing the HDMI connector?

Greetings

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi

this problem is solved, the linux core was handling all interrupts, so had to change the GIC so some interrupts could be handled by CPU1.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Hi,all I also wonder to what is the difference between using the Zynq in open-amp(ug1186 ) or AMP-configuration? (XAPP1078)? Tom
0 Kudos