UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 to 1 MUX Clock with BUFGMUX

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Artix7 board

I have 3 clocks, say CKL1, CLK2 and CLK3, each one gtwizard_0_GT_USRCLK_SOURCE of the transceiver and input is given to the gtwizard_0_CLOCK_MODULE and the output from this is 3 different clocks . And I want to choose one of these three clocks at a time . 

I firstly use one BUFGMUX to select CLK1/CLK2, then use another BUFGMUX_1 to select the first BUFGMUX output(CLK_OUT1) and CLK3.  Then get the final selected CLK_OUT.

(CLK1,CLK2) --> BUFGMUX --> (CLK_OUT1, CLK3)-->BUFGMUX_1 -->CLK_OUT.

But this will introduce this error. 

ERROR: [Place 30-120] Sub-optimal placement for a BUFG-BUFG cascade pair.

Could anyone provide suggestions?

Regards

Akshay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: 3 to 1 MUX Clock with BUFGMUX

Jump to solution

I would suggest your imediate problem, the bufg , is that the gtx wizard has instantiated bufg's.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
4 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

I would suggest your imediate problem, the bufg , is that the gtx wizard has instantiated bufg's.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

Jump to solution

Hi @drjohnsmith ,

The problem is not that the xcvr has instantiated bufg, think like I have 3 clock input but at a time I want to use one clock so how can we over come the error 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @drjohnsmith ,

The problem is not that the xcvr has instantiated bufg, think like I have 3 clock input but at a time I want to use one clock, so how can I over come the above posted error  when I make use of bufgmux 

Regards 

Akshay

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

Your the expert then,

0 Kudos