cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

6:1 serialization/deserialization with ISERDESE3?

Jump to solution

Hi.  I'm using kintex ultrascale chip (xcku025-ffva-1156-1-c).

In my previous design, 6:1 serial/deserialization function was implemented with spartan-6. (Based on XAPP1064 : Source-Synchronous Srialization and Deserialization)

As my chip is upgraded to ultrasclae, i want to migrate 6:1 serial/deserialization function in ultrascale board.

But I found only 7:1 ser/deserialization application note; XAPP1315 : LVDS Source Sybchronous 7:1 serialization and deserialization using clock multiplication which uses ultrascale.

In UG571 : Ultrascale architecture selectIO resources , it said 'The ISERDESE3 can deserialize an incoming signal by 2 or 4 in SDR data capture, and by 4 or 8 in DDR data capture mode.'

Does it mean that i can't implement 6:1 ser/deserialization with ultrascale?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @kangsungsik 

6:1 serialization or 1:6 deserialization is not directy supported by OSERDESE3 and ISERDESE3 primitives for US/US+ devices.

You need to implement the Gearbox logic similar to one in Application note XAPP1315.

for 1:6 deserialization the flow should be

1:8 deserialization using ISERDESE3   ->  8: 6  conversion using Gearbox logic

for 6:1 serialization 

6:4  conversion using Gearbox  logic  ->  4:1  serialization using OSERDESE3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi @kangsungsik 

6:1 serialization or 1:6 deserialization is not directy supported by OSERDESE3 and ISERDESE3 primitives for US/US+ devices.

You need to implement the Gearbox logic similar to one in Application note XAPP1315.

for 1:6 deserialization the flow should be

1:8 deserialization using ISERDESE3   ->  8: 6  conversion using Gearbox logic

for 6:1 serialization 

6:4  conversion using Gearbox  logic  ->  4:1  serialization using OSERDESE3

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

View solution in original post

Tags (1)