UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer trapygin
Observer

7 Series FPGAs

Please help me. I read user guides on 7 Series FPGAs and I don t understand one moment:
 on which devices should be marking speed grade.
In user guides i read that this line is not marked on some devices. Refer to the bar code for device speed grade and
temperature range information.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: 7 Series FPGAs

Hi @trapygin

As described in UG475, the 4th line of the device marking (which contains the FPGA speed grade) is not found on some of the newer Xilinx FPGAs.  Instead, Xilinx is adding a bar code to “to improve device-level traceability, delivery support, and supply chain safety”.  This bar code contains the device speed grade and temperature information, which can be read using the web tool described in Xilinx document XTP424.

Cheers,
Mark

Observer trapygin
Observer

Maybe you can explain, from which year all information on all circuits in bar code?

0 Kudos

@trapygin

Xilinx document AR67513, which was updated on 11/19/2018, says that the barcodes were available in Jan2017. 

AR67513 also says, "Customers can email 2dbarcode@xilinx.com with a device barcode marking image and receive an automated email response with device data."   This is a good way to check if you have an authentic FPGA from Xilinx.

Mark

0 Kudos