Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

AC701 evaluation board Artix 7

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am implementing a design over the FPGA AC701.

I would need to use 120 single ended pins of the FMC HPC connector, Is it possible?

I am a bit confused, because in the user manual of the AC701 says that the HPC connector has 400 -pin but only 58 are employed to connect the HPC connector and the FPGA U1.

Exactly this is what the manual says:

HPC Connector J30
      The 400-pin HPC connector defined by the FMC specification (Figure B-1, page 83) provides connectivity for up to:
              •160 single-ended or 80 differential user-defined signals
              •10 GTP transceivers
              •2 GTP transceiver clocks
              •4 differential clocks
              •159 ground and 15 power connections
      The connections between the HPC connector at J30 and FPGA U1 (Table 1-26) implements a subset of this connectivity:
             •58 differential user defined pairs
                          •34 LA pairs (LA00-LA33)
                          •24 HA pairs (HA00-HA23)

Thanks in advice!

Mikel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Re: AC701 evaluation board Artix 7

Jump to solution

It says 58 pairs, not 58 pins.  So theoretically you could get up to 116 single-ended signals.  You need to check the Vcco of the banks where these signals connect to make sure you can interface the type of signals you need.  It may be necesary to add level-shifters depending on the type of signals you want to connect.  In any case you're still just a bit short of the 120 signals you wanted.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

It says 58 pairs, not 58 pins.  So theoretically you could get up to 116 single-ended signals.  You need to check the Vcco of the banks where these signals connect to make sure you can interface the type of signals you need.  It may be necesary to add level-shifters depending on the type of signals you want to connect.  In any case you're still just a bit short of the 120 signals you wanted.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply!

I didn't realize that it were pairs! So, with the combination of the 116 single ended signals and the 4 signals of the pmod connector i have enough inputs for my design. :)

Mikel

0 Kudos