UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Adding new configuration memory device in Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi,

I managed to connect the Spartan-7 to Vivado via JTAG with modes pin M[2:0] set at 101. The code runs correctly because I see the IO driving a LED go high. 

However, when I try to program the .bin file, I will need to add a new configuration memory device in Vivado hardware manager but I do not see my flash memory listed. All I see is Macronix, Spansion and Micron. How do I add a new flash device? I am using the ISSI part number: IS25LP128F-JBLE-TR

If I do manage to program the flash with the *.bin file, on the next boot up, I should change M[2:0] to 001, correct?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Adding new configuration memory device in Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi @vivienwwp ,

Which Vivado version you are using? And also specify OS version?

Can you try with Vivado 2018.3 by installing Lab version? and share the results.

IS25LP128F is not supported. 

You can use IS25LP128 Flash.

Please use supported ISSI Flash by referring page 337 of UG908 (v 2018.3) 

I tried created BIN file for IS25LP128 Flash in Vivado 2018.3, I was succesfully able to see the flash name IS25LP128 as below:

IS.JPG  

If I do manage to program the flash with the *.bin file, on the next boot up, I should change M[2:0] to 001, correct?

---------While programming the Flash, Mode pins changing is not neccesary. But after programming, for booting from flash Mode pins needs to be changed.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give kudo or Accept as a Solution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @vivienwwp ,

Which Vivado version you are using? And also specify OS version?

Can you try with Vivado 2018.3 by installing Lab version? and share the results.

IS25LP128F is not supported. 

You can use IS25LP128 Flash.

Please use supported ISSI Flash by referring page 337 of UG908 (v 2018.3) 

I tried created BIN file for IS25LP128 Flash in Vivado 2018.3, I was succesfully able to see the flash name IS25LP128 as below:

IS.JPG  

---------While programming the Flash, Mode pins changing is not neccesary. But after programming, for booting from flash Mode pins needs to be changed.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

Please reply or give kudo or Accept as a Solution.

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepak

This is great news! I installed Vivado 2018.3 and I did see the flash configuration memory device- IS25LP128. I successfully program the bin file. Then I powered down and changed my MODE pins to M[2:0]= 001 and powered up but it didn't seem to boot from flash. What could be the problem? 

Are bin files generated for a specific flash? How do I specify the type of flash while generating the bin files?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepak

Managed to get it working. I realized I needed to press the pull PROGRAM_B low after programming the flash. 

0 Kudos