Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeyalakshmi
Visitor
Visitor

Artix-7 Power up sequence

Hi,

I am using the Artix-7series device in my new design. As per the datasheet, I have concluded the below power-up sequence order.

VCCINT/VCCBRAM(1V0)-->MGTAVCC(1V0)-->VCCAUX(1V8)-->VCCO(3V3&2V5)-->VTT(1V2)

In my design, I am using two different bank voltages like 3V3 and 2V5.

My question is can i power on the 2V5 & 1V2 output at same time after 3V3output is up?.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Jeyalakshmi

0 Kudos
4 Replies
austin
Scholar
Scholar

Yes,

Any sequence is allowed unless the data sheet states a particular sequence is NOT allowed.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

While coming up in a certain order might not violate the data sheet or cause any device damage, there are system issues to consider.  For example if the first Vcco to come up is the one on the config bank (Bank 14 for most 7-series) then if the other Vcco is not up within the time it takes to configure, you will start up with a powered down bank.

Also it's not clear what VTT means.  Is that just the termination voltage for SSTL or did you mean the MGT VTT supply?  Typically termination supplies with a voltage set as a ratio of the supply voltage (typically 1/2 for Vtt using SSTL signalling) should come up with or after the supply they're referenced from.  These would not connect directly to the FPGA.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
jeyalakshmi
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

FYI. VTT means MGTAVTT.

I am giving the 2.5V to Bank16 and other banks are powered up by 3.3V. Please let me know this may cause any damage on device.

VCCINT/VCCBRAM(1V0)-->MGTAVCC(1V0)-->VCCAUX(1V8)--​>VCCO(3V3&2V5)-->MGTAVTT(1V2)

My question is can i power on the 2V5 & 1V2 output at same time after 3V3output is up?.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Jeyalakshmi

0 Kudos
austin
Scholar
Scholar

j,

I already answered that question.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose