Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Artix 7 QSPI Configuration Flash Selection

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am designing a board with Artix 7 P/N XC7A200T-3FBG484E.

I want to configure the FPGA with 128Mbit QSPI NOR flash in Master SPI mode. I power this bank (bank 0) with 1.8V.

Where can I find information regarding which parts can I use to configure?

Thanks

Shay

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

HI @shay12,

since you;re trying to configure through the SPI flash  AS LONG THE TOOL SUPPORTS there is no issue once check this application note https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp586-spi-flash.pdf

and 

S.chandra sekhar 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @shay12,

looking for the which part to be used for configuration please refer below link for more info   and UG 908 (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf)Table C-1: Supported Flash Memory Devices for Artix-7 Device Configuration page number 317

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/pim_r_supported_spi_bpi_proms.htm

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @csattar,

Thank you for the information. I have a follow up question:

Regarding table C-1 of UG908, most of the flash parts are 3.3V I/O. I don't have in my board a 3.3V rail (only 1.8V for IOs).

Can I take the same basic flash P/N with 1.8V IO?

For example in the table we see Cypress basic P/N S25FLXXXS (3.3V). Can I use S25FSXXXS (1.8V)?

Thanks

Shay

0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi @shay12,

thanks for the reply , can i know which tool and FPGA device your using , also the configuration method .Is there any requirement to use only 1.8 .or any cost effect solution 

thanks 

Sekhar 

Regards
Chandra sekhar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@shay12 Can I use S25FSXXXS (1.8V)?

I don't think there is any 1.8 Spansion flash supported. You could consider using 1.8 Micron flashes.

Micron N25Q 32, 64

mt25qu128 

Supported by tools :)

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Sekhar ,

I am using XC7A200T-3FBG484E.

My design tool will be Vivado.

I want to configure in master SPI mode.

The 1.8V only power rail is an heritage from same board with LX150 FPGA (which worked with 1.8V SPI flash and Impact)

Thanks

Shay

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @shay12,

since you;re trying to configure through the SPI flash  AS LONG THE TOOL SUPPORTS there is no issue once check this application note https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp586-spi-flash.pdf

and 

S.chandra sekhar 

Regards
Chandra sekhar

View solution in original post