UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jmunoa
Observer

Artix-7 minimum board for just singleended GPIO at 60 MHz maximum.

Dear all,

We are developing a new PCB including a Artix-7 (XC7A100T or XC7A200T). We only will use around 50 gpio configured as single end and operating at a maximum of 60MHz. 

I will really apreciate if anyone can tell me if any of the multiple supply voltages (VCCINT, VCCAUX, VCCBRAM, VCCO, VREF, VCCBATT, VMGTAVCC, VMGTAVTT, and VCCADC) can be skipped to simplify the board. Up to now I found in the documentation that VCCBATT can be tied to GND or VCCAUX if no encriptation is needed.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Artix-7 minimum board for just singleended GPIO at 60 MHz maximum.

Hi @jmunoa ,

I will really apreciate if anyone can tell me if any of the multiple supply voltages (VCCINT, VCCAUX, VCCBRAM, VCCO, VREF, VCCBATT, VMGTAVCC, VMGTAVTT, and VCCADC) can be skipped to simplify the board. Up to now I found in the documentation that VCCBATT can be tied to GND or VCCAUX if no encriptation is needed.

------ Yes you can skip some Power supplies apart from power supplies required for configuration.

You can Skip VCCBATT, VMGTAVCC, VMGTAVTT, and VCCADC. If you are not using any GT, ADC and BBRAM. 

If unused : The below example is for XC7A100T FG676 Package.

VCCBATT -  can be tied to GND or VCCAUX.

VMGTAVCC and VMGTAVTT-- connect to GND.

VCCADC - tie to VCCAUX.

If you give your full package Number to XFAE/DFAE he will let you know connectons of Unused power supplies.

Note for Configuration you need VCCINT, VCCAUX, VCCAUXIO, VCCO and VCCBRAM. For more information on what each power supplies role refer below image:

1.JPG   

For more information refer page 47 of UG440 (v2013.3/14.7).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Deepak D N

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give kudo or Accept as a Solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos