UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kanchis@509
Visitor

Can i connect the core clock to the PMOD pin and how can i check it oscilloscope

Hello,

I'm trying to route the core clock to one of the PMOD pin, Core clock is input pin to the FPGA so cant able to probe and see for that  I have inserted a custom logic for clock and used ILA on the standalone custom design (meaning a counter logic that I have inserted). I can able to see the core clock in ILA but if i will probe in Hardware to that pin ,not getting any signal in oscilloscope.

--- can i connect core clock (50MHz) to the PMOD pin ??

ILA i can able to see that clock means still IBUF am getting the clock , am suspecting that have connection problem from IBUF To Pinout. (I/O pads).

Thanks in advance,

srilatha.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Can i connect the core clock to the PMOD pin and how can i check it oscilloscope

Hi kanchis@509

How you are forwarding the clock ?  is your clock path as below

IBUF -> BUFG -> ODDR -> OBUF (Routed to PMOD pin)

ODDR is to  keeps the duty cycle and provides the best possible path[Assign Logic '1'  to D1 and  Logic '0' to D2. [This way, the output of the ODDR will generate a high at posedge of the clock and a low at negedge of the clock]

Refer to the 7 series FPGA Libraries Guide for description and instantiation of ODDR primitives

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug953-vivado-7series-libraries.pdf 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and accepts as Solution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: Can i connect the core clock to the PMOD pin and how can i check it oscilloscope

Hi kanchis@509

Did you get chance to modify your design as suggested and check the Clock on Scope?

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
0 Kudos