UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Can mode pin selection be changed after configuration

Jump to solution
In my design, the kintex-7 FPGA are configured by master SPI mode on powering up. After it. a MCU should be configue it in slave serial or slave selectmap mode. The mode pins are tied to low and high using pull-down or pull-high resistor. The mode pins are also connected with MCU.I plan put MCU pins to the float state at powering up. After it, when it need to configure FPGA, it change the mode pin setting. However, I found "The mode pins should not be toggled during and after configuration." in the last paragragh of page 11 of 7 series FPGAs configuration user guide.Please tell me whether my plan will work. Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can mode pin selection be changed after configuration

Jump to solution

Greatmaverick,

Mode pins are only used/sampled during the initialization stage of configuration. On the rising edge of INIT_B to be exact. After configuration you should be able to change them without any issues. Of course you need to reconfigure the device to make use of the new mode pin selection. If you have a Xilinx development board of any kind this would be an easy test to do. 

Regards,

Tezz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply

Re: Can mode pin selection be changed after configuration

Jump to solution

Greatmaverick,

Mode pins are only used/sampled during the initialization stage of configuration. On the rising edge of INIT_B to be exact. After configuration you should be able to change them without any issues. Of course you need to reconfigure the device to make use of the new mode pin selection. If you have a Xilinx development board of any kind this would be an easy test to do. 

Regards,

Tezz

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.