UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can't open UltraScale_Plus_XPE_2016_2.xlsm

Hi,

I'm struggling to open the XPE Excel files for Artix-7.

I have Excel 2007, macros enabled, VBA installed and pretty much a clean install on Windows XP.

I have downloaded the file a few times, and also tried with other XPE xlsm files (Ultrascale), but i always get the same errors, as seen on the attached images.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Mike

Tags (2)
unreadable.png
corrupt.png
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can't open UltraScale_Plus_XPE_2016_2.xlsm

check this post
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/XPE-2015-2-with-Excel-2010-not-working/td-p/650910
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Balkrishan,

but that does not solve my problem. My issue is that i can't open the file at all. 

Any help most welcome.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Ok,

so i solved this, after many hours of frustration

First, it appears that Office 2007 SP3 is required, second, Windows XP is not supported. Perhaps Xilinx should update the requirements too reflect this?

If anyone from Xilinx reads this, PLEASE make the XPE tool cross platform (many of us use Linux for development) and drop this dependency on (proprietary, platform specific) Excel. There are several ways to do this; add XPE to Vivado, a webb application, a java program, cross compiled QT application etc. It's a valuable tool that deserves a better fate!

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos