cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Control microblaze on Kintex-7 with SDK

Hello,

I have received a Kintex-7 Eval board that has been preprgrammed with an AHCI System build consisting of a microblaze and SATA AHCI host dual lane controller. In order to access the register set to control the SATA port I was told to use the Xilinx SDK to control the microblaze.  I was given no files or software along with the board. I only have a mini usb for the uart and a micro usb for jtag.  Would anyone happen to know how to go about controlling the microblaze on board the kintex with the Xilinx SDK?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Also the SATA card is an FMC HPC XM104 card

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

The standalone BSP comprises of the software modules used to access processor-specific functions.

For a list of MicroBlaze specific APIs, please refer to page 9 of UG647:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/oslib_rm.pdf
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Could you please elaborate?  This is basically a black box to me of which i was told i could access the register set and control the microblaze through the SDK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

also at this point i have no files such as hardware description for the board.  Do i need any files to create a BSP for the board?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

First, you will need to implement and generate the bitstream for your vivado design. Check the following document for a tutorial:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf

When you export the implemented design to SDK, the tool will generate the hardware description file for you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok.  Now if there is already some IP on there to control the XM104 wont i lose all that?  I'm trying to keep everything preserved and just add what i need.  Or is this not possible and i must get the IP from the provider?

0 Kudos