cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Coolrunner XC2C256-7TQ144I temperature issue, observed in 2003, solved ?

Jump to solution

Dear Colleagues,

I'm planning to use a Coolrunner XC2C128-7VQG100I in a cold environment (-40°C).

I remember in 2003(!), using a XC2C256-7TQ144I, we experienced some problems due to a power-up delay of over 80 ms at -10C. The Data Sheet specification for configuration time was 150 us.

There is a customer failure analysis report by Xilinx: PE REPORT FILE #: PE03-13521-2021, see att..

With this background, I'm wondering, if the XC2C128-7VQG100I is save, or should I migrate to another chip?

Thanks in advance,

with best regards,

Karl-Heinz Sulanke

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sulanke 

Please check "Table 2: CoolRunner-II Devices Affected" in https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/customer_notices/xcn07016.pdf for replacement parts. 

This customer notice also mentions "The XC I-Grade parts listed in XC9500XL Devices Affected and CoolRunner-II Devices Affected will still be offered for non-automotive applications. All listed XC I-Grade and Q-Grade parts used in automotive applications must transfer to XA. For further details, consult the list of XA product data sheets on Description. "  So, I believe you should contact to Xilinx FAE/DFAE to get more precise details, if your application is not automotive. 

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @sulanke 

As per customer notice https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/customer_notices/xcn07016.pdfXC2C256-7TQ144I device is discontinued and replacement product is XA2C256-7-TQG144I .

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Bhushan,

thanks for your answer!

This means, the XC2C128-7VQG100I is save, downto  -40°C, or should I migrate to another chip?

Thanks in advance,

with best regards,

Karl-Heinz Sulanke

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sulanke 

Please check "Table 2: CoolRunner-II Devices Affected" in https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/customer_notices/xcn07016.pdf for replacement parts. 

This customer notice also mentions "The XC I-Grade parts listed in XC9500XL Devices Affected and CoolRunner-II Devices Affected will still be offered for non-automotive applications. All listed XC I-Grade and Q-Grade parts used in automotive applications must transfer to XA. For further details, consult the list of XA product data sheets on Description. "  So, I believe you should contact to Xilinx FAE/DFAE to get more precise details, if your application is not automotive. 

Regards,
Bhushan

View solution in original post