cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cypress Flash instead of Spansion

Jump to solution

My Artix-7 design works, but the flash memory on my Digilent board is a Micron N25Q032A13EF440F, which is now obsolete.  According to Vivado (2017.1) the only flash memories allowed are Micron or Spansion.  As an example, the Spansion S25FL128SAGNFI00 is a legal alternative.  But Spansion merged with Cypress so the S25FL128SAGNFI00 is now a Cypress part.  Will Vivado recognize (and allow) the Cypress S25FL128SAGNFI00?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

According to Cypress:

"Cypress has not changed any of the Spansion flash part numbers or devices IDs. You will be able to use our flash devices without any issues with Vivado tool."

So I guess it's okay.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi len@work

Yes, this part is supported.

Please refer to page 319 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf for list of supported flash devices.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for the reply.

For clarification, will that part work even though it is now supplied by Cypress (instead of Spansion)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

For clarification, will that part work even though it is now supplied by Cypress (instead of Spansion)?

I do not see a reason why it wouldn't work since I believe the only change would be the labeling of the part as Cypress than Spansion.

Having said that, it is always a safe bet for you to check with Cypress to make sure they haven't changed anything on that part. Will be surprised if they did. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

According to Cypress:

"Cypress has not changed any of the Spansion flash part numbers or devices IDs. You will be able to use our flash devices without any issues with Vivado tool."

So I guess it's okay.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Cypress changed the devices IDs.

The new version of the S25FL064P seems not supported in VIVADO 2017.2.

But ISE supports these device if i set the XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK to 1 (http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/using-cypress-s25fl-l-spi-flash-xilinx-7-series-fpgas-kba219685)

Any ideas how to use the cypress flash in VIVADO?

0 Kudos