Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

DCM and MMCM

Jump to solution

Are the Locked Outputs for both similar ?

I read from another thread, here , where it was suggested to alternatively use the LOCKED output of an MMCM in the implementation of a reset.

I'm curious as to whether this will work in DCMs too

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DCM and MMCM

Jump to solution
Yes, they are the same. You can use the locked output of DCM as reset, too. It has a same behavior and it says the clock is ready and stable. So it can be used as an active-low reset.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Yes, they are the same. You can use the locked output of DCM as reset, too. It has a same behavior and it says the clock is ready and stable. So it can be used as an active-low reset.
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution
yes
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution
sorry for getting back late. But i tried and it worked! Thanks a lot.