cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
socf

Dedicated Transceiver pins

For the Artix 7, on some packages like the FGG484, the transceiver have dedicated pins. But for packages like the FT256, the transceiver output have to be routed.

Instead of using packages with dedicated output pins, am I losing anything if I plan to use the FT256 for the transceivers in terms of throughput, power consumption, etc?

I want to understand if the FT256 package transceiver can support the following: PCI-E, Ethernet, JESD204B.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI

Artix-7 devices with FT256 package doesn't have the transceiver bonded out and so you cannot use the transceivers.

This can be seen in vivado part selection too which mentions that no transceivers are available with this package.

PCI-E, Ethernet or JESD204B which requires transceivers cannot be supported with these devices.

UG475 has details on the devices and the transceivers pins.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos