cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Does anybody know where we can obtain the extra 7 bits that vivado_fuse_dna contains?

Jump to solution

I would like if I could readback the full fuse_dna value in my PL design to verify it matches what Vivado shows.

I can read 57 bit DNA_PORT via DNA_PORT ip core. But I want to read 64bit fuse_dna.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Does anybody know where we can obtain the extra 7 bits that vivado_fuse_dna contains?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, you can't read the full 64 bits from within an FPGA design, it has to be read externally via JTAG (see UG470).  I've gotten more than one batch of Kintex parts where the 57 bit DNA value is identical for a few of them, so I had to respin the design to use an external unique identifier IC.

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Does anybody know where we can obtain the extra 7 bits that vivado_fuse_dna contains?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, you can't read the full 64 bits from within an FPGA design, it has to be read externally via JTAG (see UG470).  I've gotten more than one batch of Kintex parts where the 57 bit DNA value is identical for a few of them, so I had to respin the design to use an external unique identifier IC.

-Greg

View solution in original post