UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor daniel_leu
Visitor

Error in protecte region blk_mem_gen_v8_2_vhsyn_rfs.vhd

Jump to solution

I created the IP Example Design for the AXI Memory Mapped to PCIe core and when I compiled it with Modelsim, I get following error:

-- Loading package STANDARD
** Error: ./sources_1/ip/axi_bram_ctrl_0/blk_mem_gen_v8_2/hdl/blk_mem_gen_v8_2_vhsyn_rfs.vhd(46)): in protected region.
** Error: ./sources_1/ip/axi_bram_ctrl_0/blk_mem_gen_v8_2/hdl/blk_mem_gen_v8_2_vhsyn_rfs.vhd(46)): in protected region.

I get the same error when using Aldec's RivieraPro. I tried this with Vivado 2015.1 and 2015.2. Is this a known issue?

Thank you!

--

Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Error in protecte region blk_mem_gen_v8_2_vhsyn_rfs.vhd

Jump to solution

Hi @daniel_leu

I doubt that you are not using the correct set of IP files for simulation.

Use below commands to generate scripts which can be used in modelsim.

set_property TARGET_SIMULATOR Modelsim [current_project]

launch_simulation -scripts_only -of_objects [get_files ip_name.xci]

or you can use the below command too

get_files -compile_order sources -used_in simulation -of_objects [get_files <ip_name>.xci]

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

Which version of Modelsim are you using.

Have you compiled the libraries for this correctly and mapped in the ini file.

Is this an integrated example design simulation or genrating your own scripts.

If standalone flow you can use report_compile_order  at the vivado tcl console to get the list of files required for the simulation and their library association and check you scripst if all files and their mapping is correct. 

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @daniel_leu

I doubt that you are not using the correct set of IP files for simulation.

Use below commands to generate scripts which can be used in modelsim.

set_property TARGET_SIMULATOR Modelsim [current_project]

launch_simulation -scripts_only -of_objects [get_files ip_name.xci]

or you can use the below command too

get_files -compile_order sources -used_in simulation -of_objects [get_files <ip_name>.xci]

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor daniel_leu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Looks like the issue was the compilation order of files and since the VHDL file was protected, I didn't get a proper error message.... I got it solved when I used Vivado to create the compilation script. Thank you Deepika and Satish for your help!

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos