cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mingyuexin1
Contributor
Contributor

Ethernet MAC with AXI Stream interface implemented in Zynq-7000?

Hi, I would like to implement an Ethernet MAC  with AXI stream in Zynq-7000, I'm using XC702 Evaluation Kit.

The PS has an Ethernet MAC, but it does not have an AXI stream interface.  I know TEMAC has an AXI stream interface, I doubt TEMAC is feasible, because the the PHY interface of Ethernet is fixed on the board.

I'm wondering how to work around.

I appreciate any pieces of words from you, thanks for your time.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mingyuexin1
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, what I need is to get packets from the ethernet MAC (in PS), and process it by my own custom IP in PL.

I do not know get packets from the ethernet MAC.

0 Kudos
tomasz.janicki.tj
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thread is old but answered so quickly:

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+-+Performance+-+Ethernet+Packet+Inspection+-+Linux+-+Redirecting+Packets+to+PL+and+Cache+Tech+Tip

In this XAPP  Flow goes from GbE -> PL  thru AXI GP, so it is not exactly waht is being asked but there is nothing else we one can do.

And yes one needs to tweak the driver or simply write a user app deamon that does the same - redirecting (but user app will use some memory I suppose [not really which memory though - I bet on RAM] ).

This XAPP works in 2014.4 but since 2015.2 emacps driver was changed to MACB but the idea remains the same

With Regards

T

0 Kudos