cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhzhang

Example design for AC701 SFP

Hi,

Please forgive me -- I am a FPGA newbie, have A LOT of questions. Here come the first 2:

1. I managed to re-build and load the example IBERT design for bank 213, but cannot seem

to be able to change the bit rate from 6.25 G to 2.5 G.  I could re-config the GTP, the project

could build, but when I load the new bit file, the link status still says 6.25 Gbps.  What am I

missing?

2. What I really need is an example design to use the SFP (with GTP x0y0).  I need to use 8p/10p

to test some communication.

Please help!

Thank you very much in advance,

(I use Vivado 2015.2)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
austin
Scholar
Scholar

d,

What "link status"?

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
fpgaioc
Observer
Observer

Hi Austin,

Thank you very much for helping!

I was referring to the "Status" inside the "Serial I/O Links" panel on the bottom of Vivado.

Could you point me to an example GTP design for the SFP on AC701?  Sorry if it too simple,

I just cannot find anybody talking about it anywhere.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

have you tried to run the example design available at this link

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fpgaioc
Observer
Observer

Hi HS,

Thank you very much for helping.

Yes, I could re-build and run the IBERT example project.  One confusion is that I tried

to change the rate from 6.25 to 2.5.  The IP was configured, the project could build.  But

when I load it, the "Serial I/O Links" still shows "6.250 Gbps".

And, which ports are the "RX PLL Status" and "TX PLL Status"?  When I remove the

loopback fiber, they still show "Locked".

Which output port showes that the RX CDR is locked?  Is it "RXCDRLOCK"?  I am looking

for an indicator to show that the RX is getting data from the fiber.  So when the fiber is

unplugged, it provides a warning.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/Example-design-for-AC701-SFP/td-p/652571

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ac701/2014_3/xtp224-ac701-ibert-c-2014-3.pdf

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ac701/2014_3/xtp224-ac701-ibert-c-2014-3.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
venkata

I tried to change the rate from 6.25 to 2.5.

How did you do it? Is it from core generation GUI?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos