UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA health testing

Jump to solution

Hello,

how I can test if FPGA on Basys 3 board doesn't contains any failure (eg. broken interconnection segments, burned IOBs and et cetera), due previously mistake bitstream download. Bitstream for another package contains only buffer connection  (A8 => H5; C11 => J5; C10 => T9; A10 => T10) and was only designed for test switches and LEDs on Arty board from Digilent and was mistakenly downloaded to Basys 3 where same connection is (A17 => unbonded; C16 => unbonded; B16 => V13; C17 => V14) on same IOBs. When I download to FPGA some new design for correct package using same IOBs as was in bitstream for another package of same FPGA, all works well, demo on board works also well. But I have question that can my FPGA contain some broken elements what I didn't reveal by this test and could in some large design in future cause problems? My idea is download some large design what allocate large amount of logic cells and interconnection wires, but I think that this is not 100%. Or I should forget on tests and buy new Basys 3 preventively?

Best regards

Josef

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: FPGA health testing

Jump to solution

Hi @josef_kiefmann,

You can test the health of your board by performing BIST test. for more information refer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Built-in_self-test. For information refer any Xilinx board BIST Test.

If that TEST fails on our board,then our board is failing.

Regards,

Deepak D N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: FPGA health testing

Jump to solution

Hi @josef_kiefmann,

You can test the health of your board by performing BIST test. for more information refer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Built-in_self-test. For information refer any Xilinx board BIST Test.

If that TEST fails on our board,then our board is failing.

Regards,

Deepak D N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos