Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

GTP rx_reset_fsm never issues rxresetdone

Jump to solution

In my design I use a GTP Transceiver which I setup with the Transceivers Wizard (sreenshots of options in the appendix). Comma Alignment and PCIe are disabled.

Neither in my design nor in the IP example design the rxresetdone signal ever goes up when I use the rx_reset_fsm. I tested both designs in simulation and my design also in hardware. In the appendix I posted a screenshot of the simulation of the IP example design. As you can see the rxuserrdy signal is issued but after that nothing happens. There is also no difference between startup and manual reset.

In an earlier built of the IP example design I could also directly see the state, in which the FSM hung. It was "wait_reset_done". For some reason in that earlier built the source code of the FSM was ..._rx_startup_fsm.vhd, now it is ..._funcsim.vhdl. I don't understand why that is. The problem stayed the same though.

What I also noticed (maybe a different problem) is that a reset signal issued on the gt0_gtrxreset_in port in the ..._support.vhd file has no effect at all. To start the FSM I use the SOFT_RESET_IN port.

transceiver_wizard_encoding_options.png
simulation_snapshot.png
transceiver_wizard_linerate_options.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Figured that out myself. I just didn't wait long enough. The reset sequence takes about 1 ms.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Nearly forgot: I use Artix-7 AC701 Evaluation Platform (xc7a200tfbg676-2).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Figured that out myself. I just didn't wait long enough. The reset sequence takes about 1 ms.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
This is because SIM_RESET_SPEEDUP parameter might be set to FALSE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos