Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Generic Bitstream for Partial Regions

Hi all,

I am using ZC702 Zynq board. I work with partial reconfiguration. With multiple regions, I generate multiple bitstreams. Is there a way to change partial bitstream's implementation region?

For example, I created 2 partial regions. I left one of them empty. Can I change non-empty region's partial bitstream so that it can work on other region? 

When I tried to open bitstreams with Notepad, it does not work. I thought changing some offsets in bitstreams but bitstreams cannot be edited.

Is there a feature of Vivado that can let me generate generic partial bitstream or generate partial bitstreams impelemented in every region usign one design file?

Thanks,

İsmail

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @ismailci 

I believe note from UG909 : Page 120 provided below will provide you necessary details:

Partial reconfiguration bitstream.jpg

Please also check AR#63419; and UG909 (Page 122 ~125) for detailed understanding of bistreams used for partial reconfiguration.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos